We got the Digital Download of Shang-Chi free in exchange for an honest review all opinion are our own.
I love when a new Marvel movie comes out and this year has been an exciting year for Marvel Fans. I had no idea what to expect with Shang-Chi this was a new hero for me, but the trailer made it look good. I had read a lot of reviews that were saying it was a little slow and had to much background info. In my opinion they were all wrong. This movie was awesome and seeing how everything got started with his history made it so much better.
While I can see why so many people were excited to see this is the theater I am happy I watched it at home. There was so much action I was happy I could rewind and watch a few times. This is an action packed movie with a lot of great story behind it all. This is going to make for a great family movie night. There are a lot of great characters and the visual effects are amazing.
Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings stars Simu Liu as Shang-Chi, who must face the past he thought he left behind and confront his father, leader of the dangerous Ten Rings organization. The film also stars Awkwafina as Shang-Chi’s friend Katy, Meng’er Zhang, Fala Chen, and Florian Munteanu, with Michelle Yeoh as Ying Nan and Tony Leung as Xu Wenwu.
Beginning November 12, “one of Marvel’s best origin stories” (Sean Mulvihill, Fanboy Nation), Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings will be available to all Disney+ subscribers. The film also arrives on all digital stores such as Apple TV, Prime Video and Vudu with exclusive bonus features.
Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings Bonus Features*
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
- Deleted Scenes
- They’re Waiting – Shang-Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
- Take a Shot – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
- Apology – Years after his sudden absence, Shang-Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
- I’m Here – Shang-Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang-Chi that she will always be his support system.
- Pep Talk – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
- Greatness – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
- Escape Tunnel – The gang slips out through Trevor’s escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
- Two Sons – Xu Wenwu compares Shang-Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
- Postcard – Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang-Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu’s philosophy.
- Just Friends – Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
- Do It Yourself – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
- Building a Legacy – Go behind the scenes and explore Shang-Chi’s explosive debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Family Ties – A deep dive into the rich but complicated legacy of Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu.
- Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Cast: Simu Liu as Shaun/Shang-Chi
Tony Leung as Xu Wenwu
Awkwafina as Katy
Meng’er Zhang as Xialing
Fala Chen as Ying Li
Michelle Yeoh as Ying Nan
Yuen Wah as Master Guang Bo
Directed by: Destin Daniel Cretton
Produced by: Kevin Feige, p.g.a.
Jonathan Schwartz, p.g.a.
Executive Producers: Louis D’Esposito
Screenplay by: Dave Callaham
& Destin Daniel Cretton
& Andrew Lanham
Screen Story by: Dave Callaham
& Destin Daniel Cretton
Music by: Joel P West
Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings Product Specifications
Street Date: Digital: November 12
Physical: November 30
Product SKUs: Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
Physical: 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Code), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + Digital Code) & DVD
Feature Run Time: Approx. 132 minutes
Rating: U.S. Rated PG-13
Bonus material not rated
Aspect Ratio: Digital: 2.39
U.S. Audio: 4K Ultra HD: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD: English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio Language Tracks
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
U.S. Subtitles: 4K Ultra HD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French
DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)